Welcome to the first documented day of my journey.
FabulousSavings brought me here on Feb 25th to focus on bringing the “Fab” to FabulousSavings.com.
I knew it was right: I love what the site is about, heard great things about it, it is close to where I live, and most importantly and coincidentally, my name is Fab. It was just one of those situations that you knew. In the paper the other day, I read about a baker that had a dream that he won the lottery, and two days later sure enough he did… or when you meet someone and instantly connect with, you just know.
My first tweet was almost 2 weeks ago, and from that minute, I also knew. I am inspired by Twitter and decided to document my travels, the people I meet and talk to, the savings, the stories, the fun, the sad, my journey to a million tweets…
Almost instantly I also realized: it is not me Fab that puts the “fab” in fabulous. It is actually our Followers: they are the “fab” in FabulousSavings. Without them, we are nothing… we now know this.
Thursday, March 17, 2011 – Morning
Today is St Patrick’s Day. I should be wearing green, but I am not. I had every intention, just didn’t happen. BTW, happy St Patrick’s Day.
My day started super early today! :) First tweet received at 7:21am:
- That’s from our new friend
- . She is awesome, always in the kitchen cooking, taking care of her family. I think she was testing me, but that’s OK. Little does she know that I am already up ready to go.
- What I really like about her is she is always so positive, stops to say hi, sees how we are doing. BTW, I think the Food Network should really look into her talent – her food sounds amazing! :) Do you hear that
A few minutes later:
With so many changes happening at the office I am stuck in meetings until almost 1-ish, but Shannon (^SF) has the account under control.
Maureen, one of the first people I talked to in twitterverse, loves Top Chef, too. Nobody loves Top Chef as much as me, so we wagered on last night’s part of the finale… We both want Richard Blais to win, but I called for Antonia to go home…and lost; she stayed. I owe her a chocolate bar. :(
- Double or nothing it is, next week, it’s still on like Donkey Kong…..
It is now 1:42 Eastern, and our tweet count is 15,266. Only 984,734 tweets to go. So excited, all the tweeps to meet. :)
Thursday, March 17, 2011 – Afternoon
Some office news: Dom beat Jesse in today’s Lunchtime Foosball Battle, 2 games to 1. The loser left muttering something about revenge, but he loses every day and always comes back for more.
My afternoon was great – lots of Friends and Family sales happening, lots of tweeting. Very, very busy.
- We found out that our friend Lisa
- saved some money; that totally makes us feel #fabulous!
- Maureen (@msmorev), well she is going to be starting a blog now that she is #winning her Top Chef bets with me….
It is now 6:11 Eastern, and my tweet count is 15,386. Just 984,614 to go. See ya, tweeps!