You may have left gift shopping to the last minute, but you don’t have to resort to an impersonal gift to meet your deadline. Making your own cool gift baskets is easier than you’d think, and they can be customized for each recipient.
You’ll have to purchase a few empty baskets, shredded paper (or shred your own), cellophane and ribbon, but the real fun comes in buying the gift basket contents.
Cost Plus has a ton of great gourmet coffees, chocolates, spreads, etc. that make really good gift basket filling, but you can also tune your DIY basket to more specific interests.
Here are a few ideas for cool (sometimes custom) gift baskets:
For Movie Lovers
- A couple of new releases (with a gift receipt), movie rental cards and/or movie passes
- Traditional and fancy-flavored popcorn packets
- Classic theater candy
- Beverages if desired
For Coffee/Tea Lovers
- A cute mug (and/or teapot for tea lovers)
- An assortment of gourmet coffees/teas
- Biscotti or other treats, like scone mix
Stress Relief Basket
- Small cozy towel
- Candles in relaxing scents, like lavender & bergamot
- Eye mask
- Relaxation CD
- Bubble bath or bath bombs
- Scented lotions
- Spa gift certificate
- Quality nail file
- Buffer or exfoliant
- Scented hand lotion & peppermint foot lotion
- A couple of cute nail polishes
For Book Lovers
- A couple of recent best sellers (with a gift receipt) or books you love & recommend
- Bookstore membership card or bookstore gift card
- A nice bookmark
- A yummy snack, like cookies
The list really does go on. You can make gift baskets for dog lovers, beer lovers, car lovers, sports fans, cheese lovers, etc. All they take is a little imagination!
Can you think of another gift basket idea? Let us know what you’d include.
Category: gift ideas