The dating world has changed since the advent of the internet. Not only does our relationship status depend on Facebook, we’re also finding new love online.
We’ve all heard the success stories - ”I signed up just to see what’s out there; I started talking to this person; we hit it off…and now we’re married!”
Stories like these do really happen, but how often? And, what’s the likelihood it’ll happen to you???
You’ve come to the right place, because we’re breaking down the pros and the cons of the web’s top dating sites and letting you in on all the details. Use the information below to pick the site that works best for you, and before you know it, you’ll be sitting at dinner with the girl or guy of your dreams!
Match.com seems to be the best option for those looking for serious relationships. The site does not have the option for intimate dating and is available in many countries, including Canada, Australia and the UK. But, if you’re looking to voice or video chat, this is not the best option for you. Match.com does not offer video or telephone chat options.
- Subscriptions start at $16.99 per month
- Their “Best Value Plan” is $17.99/mo. at a minimum of 6 months. It includes everything you’ll need
- For a 1-month trial, you’ll need to pay the full price of $34.99
- You can save with our Match.com coupons
- The Match.com guarantee: If you don’t find someone within the first 6 months, you’ll get an additional 6 months free.
- Match Mobile: Get updates sent to your mobile phone.
- Privacy: All communication between members on Match.com happens through an “anonymous” email network. Your name and contact information is kept confidential until you decide to share it with a match.
This site is best suited for casual flings. It does not offer a marriage option. But, it does include options for intimate and casual encounters. Similar to Match.com, Lavalife includes a mobile option if you want to receive updates directly to your mobile phone.
- Subscriptions start at $16.99/mo. at a minimum of 6 months
- 3-month subscriptions are $19.99 per month
- 1-month subscriptions are $34.99
- Plus, you can save with our Lavalife coupons
- Telephone and mobile service: Get updates sent to your mobile phone or choose to speak with a match over the phone.
- Singles events: Lavalife hold singles events across the US and Canada.
- Three distinct communities: Although there is no option when creating a profile to select marriage in the “looking for” section, Lavalife does offer communities for relationships, dating and intimate encounters.
This site takes a scientific approach to the online world of dating. Dr. Helen Fisher, Chemistry.com’s Chief Scientific Advisor, has created conversation-starting activities, personality insights and personalized tips to help you get to know the person behind the profile. This means you’ll be filling out a few personality quizzes when you first sign up.
- 6-months will be $26.65 a month (for a total of $159.90)
- 3-month subscription costs $33.32
- 1-month subscription will cost $49.95
- Plus, get a 7 Day FREE Trial with our Chemistry.com coupon!
- Personality testing: With a strong focus on using personality testing to match you with potential dates, you’ll be provided an in-depth look at who you are and what you want in a relationship.
- Personalized matches: Chemistry.com will send you free personalized matches based on the result of your personality tests.
- Privacy enhanced: Chemistry.com is a closed community. Only members of the Chemistry community can view your profile and initiate contact with you.
This is another dating site suited to those looking for serious relationships, possibly leading to marriage. But, if you’re part of the LGBT community this site is not for you. It does not offer gay or lesbian dating options.
- Sign up for a year & pay $19.95 per month (for a total of $239.40)
- 6 months will be $29.95 a month
- 3-month subscription will cost $39.95 per month
- 1-month subscription to eHarmony is $59.95
- 29 Dimensions Scientific Compatibility Matching System: eHarmony matches singles based on a deep level of compatibility. Which means the questions you’ll be asked go much deeper than just likes and dislikes. eHarmony asks questions to discover core traits such as: do you and your potential mate resolve conflict in a similar fashion? And, are you both romantics at heart?
- Guided communication or Fast Track Option: You can either choose to answer the compatibility questions or you can skip them and begin your search.
- Q & A sessions: Dr. Neil Warren, the Chairman and co-founder of eHarmony, is featured for Q & A sessions to help you find the right relationship and make it last.
Are you a member of any dating site? If so, what has your experience been like? Leave a comment!
Category: valentine's day shopping tips