This is the third part of a six-part diet series. Each day this week, we’ll feature a different weight loss program or plan to help you achieve your New Year’s weight loss resolution.
The Medifast weight loss program consists of five meals a day plus one Lean & Green meal, comprised of lean protein and non-starchy vegetables.
Medifast clients can order their Lean & Green meal at their favorite restaurant or fix it themselves to enjoy at the family table. The meals come in portion-controlled packets, making Medifast an excellent choice for busy people. And now, get $50 off orders of $275 or more with our Medifast coupon.
Medifast is different from other weight loss programs because they promote a healthy lifestyle overhaul instead of the basic weight loss goal. Losing weight is about more than looking great in your bikini; it’s about becoming healthier. To ensure Medifast dieters are receiving the best nutrition, all Medifast meals are fortified with vitamins and minerals.
The general Medifast 5 & 1 Plan per day consists of:
- Choosing from over 70 delicious Medifast meals, such as scrambled eggs, chili, oatmeal, shakes and pudding.
- Eating 5 meals a day.
- Eating at least 1 lean meat & vegetable meal per day.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Never feeling hungry or feel weak from low energy since you’re eating every 2 to 3 hours.
Customized Meal Plans
Similar to Nutrisystem, Medifast has customized meal plans for men, women and diabetics. Although there’s no vegetarian plan, many of Medifast’s meal choices are vegetarian-approved, with egg-, milk-, fish- and meat-free options.
- Women: Along with a specialized meal plan, Medifast has a unique line of shakes formulated to meet your specific health needs. Shake ingredients may help reduce symptoms of menopause.
- Men: The men’s diet plan includes a higher Fullness Index than other weight-loss plans to keep you satisfied longer.
- Diabetic: This plan successfully helps people lose twice as much weight than those who followed the recommended food guidelines of the ADA.
Have you tried Medifast? What did you think about the program?
Category: wellness shopping tips