This is the first part of a six-part diet series. Each day this week, we’ll feature a different weight loss program or plan to help you achieve your New Year’s weight loss resolution.
To kick off diet week, we’re taking a look at Nutrisystem, a simple and effective weight loss program that takes the guess work out of dieting. And now, get 3 free weeks of food when you sign up with our Nutrisystem coupon!
Here are a few highlights of the program:
Simple 3-Step Program
- Choose your food plan: Select a 28-day meal plan that works for you: basic, silver, vegetarian, diabetic or family plan. Choose to customize the menu with foods you love, or opt to get the pre-selected meals delivered to you.
- Get food delivered to your door: In just days, you’ll receive your order along with a results kit to track your progress. Delivery cost is low, with meal plans starting at $11 per day.
- Eat healthy and track your weight loss: Follow the meal planner and combine healthy grocery store items with Nutrisystem foods.
Customized Meal Plan
NutriSystem recently began offering each of the five 28-day meal plans in separate programs for men and women, effectively doubling the number of plans available. These specialized meal plans are great since men and women have different nutritional needs, regardless of whether they’re both vegetarian, diabetic, etc. Let’s take a closer look at the plans:
- Vegetarian: Based on a completely structured 28-Day meal plan, the vegetarian plan features foods with low-glycemic “good” carbohydrates and protein-rich foods, such as tofu, beans and whole grains.
- Silver: A structured meal plan specifically designed for older women and men. The plan includes “good carbs” and the right amounts of protein and fiber, lower sodium, reduced cholesterol and fewer saturated fats to promote heart health.
- Family: Lose weight with a partner to amp up your motivation. Check out our post - New: Nutrisystem for Families! Does a Family Weight Loss Program = More Success? for more information, and get $100 off with our Nutrisystem Family Plan coupon.
- Diabetic: A weight loss program compliant with USDA national nutrition guidelines for people with type 2 diabetes. The meal plans include yummy foods, such as cinnamon buns, meatball parm, ravioli formaggio and even ice cream!
One of the best things about following a diet program is being part of a weight loss community. Nutrisystem provides a free online community that includes discussion boards and newsletters, as well as counseling and support systems.
Nutrisystem also offers weight loss tracking tools, such as a weight measurement log, a progress tracker, a food diary and an exercise log, to help you stay on track.
Do you already use Nutrisystem? What do you like or dislike about the program? Tell us in a comment below!
Category: wellness shopping tips